Click here for the 'Seeds of Eaden' seed shop
Its always great to experiment with pumpkin recipes around Halloween, and I have come across this fantastic recipe for pumpkin cupcakes. So now no excuses not to eat cake this Halloween.
- 175ml sunflower oil
- 175g light muscovado sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 100g sultanas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g coarsely grated pumpkin
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 orange
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g full-fat cream cheese
- 85g icing sugar
- Halloween decorations
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ gas mark 4.
- Pour the oil into a large bowl and add the sugar, eggs and vanilla and beat together. Grate the pumpkin and the zest from the orange and mix into the bowl along with the sultanas.
- Stir in the cinnamon, flour and bicarbonate of soda..
- Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases. Spoon the mixture into the cases.
- Bake for 25 mins until firm and springy to the touch. Insert a skewer in the centre of a cupcake to ensure it comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. .
- To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth then spread on top of the cupcakes. Decorate with Halloween figures.
- Store in the fridge, but return to room temperature to serve for the best flavour and texture.
For related articles click onto: